15 April 2009

Justice

Peace be upon all

I shall today continue in a few lines of Attar's book (The Conference of the Birds). As said the title, they are regarding justice. Beforehand, allow me to mention a few words.

Love is indescribable
Its flow dwells in man’s flesh
A Love for a subject
Whether Something or Someone
He finds a new strength
Yearn to protect his Beloved
Dangerous trials placed before him

Justice aids him
In battle but not for his rights
But for others he stands and fights

This answers if we should create our own laws to prove our superiority over others. This world has no place for "I", for only God has such rightful proclamation; it isn't solely "You" but "Me" too.

When "you" and "I" meet, it is "WE" shall it be.

A bird questions the hoopoe about justice and loyalty

Another bird said: ‘What are loyalty
And justice, put beside such majesty?
God gave me boundless loyalty and I’ve
Not been unjust to any man alive –
What is the ghostly rank of those who own
Such qualities, before our sovereign’s throne?


The hoopoe answers him

The hoopoe said: ‘Salvation’s Lord is just,
And justice raises man above the dust;
To live with justice in your heart exceeds
A lifetime’s earnest prayer and pious deeds;
And tales of lavish generosity
Are less than one just act done secretly
(Though justice given in a public place
Suggests deceit beneath the smiling face).
The just man does not argue for his rights;
It is for others that he stands and fights.



I must admit how much I love the last two lines. The just DOES NOT argue for his rights; it is FOR OTHERS that he stands and fights.


Yours Truly
Iz


Man's toughest battle is to constantly remind himself what he should do, not allowing any distraction by norms (portraying negativity) and doubts

No comments:

About Me

Graduated from Diploma in New Media Republic Polytechnic As art is one of my interests, so as doing graphic design. This blog serves as a portfolio of my works. For inquiries, send an email to yami_izuddin@hotmail.com. Do not add me in MSN; strangers will not be entertained. P.S: This blog is only temporary as my website will be up not-so-soon